Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Well...

So, long time no write, huh? Yep, still alive and kicking. Just somehow I've managed not to be on here since long, long before the holidays. Anyway, had a great Christmas. Except for the moment when my daughter opened the Island Princess Barbie she had talked about for months and asked Santa for, and wailed, "I wanted the princess head with the hair to brush and everything!" Calmy, DH and I explained that sometimes Santa makes mistakes and that we could exchange her. Later that morning, after watching the DVD, she decided to keep the Barbie and ask for the head for her b-day. Fantastic... those things creep me out.

I finished all the knitting projects for Christmas, and felt pretty good about that. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures on here, I'll put some up. I'm now working on a scarf for myself with some nubby wool I got in Oregon when I was there for work. $25 a skein - yikes! It's beautiful and I love it, and can't wait to finish it. It's the first thing I've made for me and I'm really happy about it. Also, I really think I'm worth it, of course!

I'm considering entering a swap. I've never done one before, but I think it would be good fun. I have to give it some consideration, though, because I also need to get my ass moving on completing my entries for National Board Certification. Ugh... I'm currently wondering why I ever decided to do that in the first place.

I've hit one of those extremely exhausted and overwhelmed points in my life where I am almost wishing for an illness to knock me on my butt for a few days so that I could have guilt-free resting time. Sad...

No comments: