Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekly Topic

Weekly Topic: Dishrag. Dishcloth. Face cloth. I've seen folks get all fired up in forums when someone refers to their knit or crochet creation as a dishrag, as that's somehow offensive to them! When you're working on yours, what do you call them? Also, is there a difference between a dishrag and a dishcloth? How bout a facecloth? Are they all really the same thing?

Hmmm... I always seem to call it a dishcloth. Dishrag sounds like it's an old, throw-away kind of thing. But I suppose that if you get right down to it, they are the same thing. As for a facecloth, I usually think of those as something knit out of softer fiber than good old dishcloth cotton. But that's just me.

Anywhoo, it's FAH-REE-ZING at my house today. It was 6 degrees when I got up this morning, and yep, I went out and walked in it. I think I may be insane. I belong to a walking club that meets every Sunday morning. This morning, there were 4 of us, and that included the guy who organizes the thing. My coat froze up around my mouth and head. I probably could have used an ice scraper on the frost! But, the sun is actually shining, which makes it feel not quite so cold.

I got my pal for the dishcloth swap! Woo hoo! Off to the store tomorrow (I have the day off) to buy some cotton and get knitting! I'm so nerdily excited about this. What a huge dork.

One week till my little girl turns four. Where does the time go?????

No comments: