Okay, it's official - I'm going to do the Defeat the Winter Doldrums Dishcloth Swap. Head to http://dishclothexchange.blogspot.com/ to get in on it - I think it'll be fun! Here's my first questionnaire....
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? I knit - used to crochet, but no more
2. What types of needles do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Bamboo or other kinds of wood needles - not a fan of metal or plastic
3. What types of cotton do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? I'm totally not picky - I've used Peaches and Cream or Sugar and Cream for most, so cheap is good! Is there any that you've been wanting to try? Some fun, pricey ones, of course! Debbie Bliss, etc.
4. What color(s) are your kitchen and bath decorated in (if any)? Kitchen is sage green, taupe, and white. Bathroom is white and dark teal-ish.
5. What are your favorite colors for yarns? Least favorite? I seem to gravitate toward the green family, and prefer subdued colors. Although my favorite color is pink. But nothing in my house is pink - I just like it for clothes and accessories. I also am a big fan of neutrals. I don't dig really bright, hurt-your-eyes kinds of colors.
6. Do you like Winter, or do you count the days until it ends? I actually like winter.
7. What's your favorite way to brighten your day when you're down in the dumps? Good music, salty snacks, chocolate, coffee, and knitting
8. What is your favorite treat to indulge in and when your down in the dumps? Salty stuff - chips, nuts, etc., followed by chocolate! And lots of it!
9. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Cocoa? All three, but I prefer coffee - I like flavored kinds, vanilla, hazelnut.
10. If you could take a vacation starting tomorrow and go anywhere for one week and money were no object, where would you go and what would you do? I would go to the Smoky Mountains and stay in the cabins I stayed in on my honeymoon. I'd bring plenty of good books and yarn and read and knit to my heart's content!
11. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should be aware of? No allergies - but I really, really hate cigarette smoke.
I'm so excited for this! I think I don't actually enter until tomorrow, so I'm the big nerd trying to be early. Oh well - what a shocker! I'm going to try to be an awesome pal!