Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday night

and I really, really don't want to go to work tomorrow. After only working 2 days last week, I'm not looking forward to a real week for this one. Although, I do get Friday off, so at least I have that going for me. I'm secretly hoping for a wind chill day - it's so cold here right now, and the wind chill is vicious - it's 7, with a wind chill of -11. Holy poo.

Here's the knitalong topic for this week...
" Defeat the Winter Doldrums" for some of us we get the doldrums and others don't. For the ones who get doldrums what helps you get rid of them? For the ones who don't get the doldrums, what helps you keep them away?
I do tend to get the doldrums, but I've only started to realize it over the past few years. Medication helps! Yep, I'm on the good old happy pills! And therapy works well for me. I have found, though, that when it gets to be too much, I need to make myself get out and do something, like take a walk or go to the gym to walk on the treadmill. I think a change of scenery works for me. I also like to take the occasional mental health day, send my daughter to day care, and veg out on my couch all day. Retail therapy is also effective, though not so good for my wallet. And trying to find time with my friends is also good for me. When the sunny days do come, which isn't too often around here, I throw open all the blinds in the house and try to soak it up.

Off to finish watching the Grammy's - so far, the Foo Fighters have been my favorite act. Love them! Send wishes my way for a day off tomorow!

No comments: