Friday, February 22, 2008

Oh yeah...

I had a snow day... woo hoo! Trying (unsuccessfully) not to gloat about it, but oh how I love those unplanned days off! It would have been a fantastic day, except that as I was helping my daughter get dressed and helping her fix her hair, I suddenly and unexpectedly RUINED her HAIR and I needed to say I was SORRY right NOW or she was going to scream bloody murder at me until I did. She'd still be screaming right now, except she gave up, because I damn well wasn't going to say I was sorry just because I was being told to by a FOUR YEAR OLD! So that was a lot of fun. I did work in a trip to my LYS where I used my gift certificate from Christmas. How did I hold out so long, you ask? Beats me...

I was supposed to go visit my parents in Michigan this weekend, but with the nasty weather around here, I'm postponing until next weekend. I now have two days in front of me with no real plans. In many ways, this is a good thing, but for whatever reason, I'm feeling a little confined and anxious and needing to be alone right now. I think I was really looking forward to the break from my daughter that comes when I visit my parents. My sister still lives at home, and my daughter worships the ground she walks on, so I'm basically nonexistent when we go visit. Which really is fine with me - the break is always appreciated. I really do love my child. It's just that I am. so. tired. all. the. time. And she is very needy and clingy and very much all about mommy right now. I imagine that someday I'll wish I had that kind of attention from her, when she won't talk to me anymore and intensely dislikes me just because I'm her mom. But right now, sometimes that doesn't sound so bad. I don't know how single parents do it. I think I would lose even more of my mind than I already have.

No comments: