Sunday, December 9, 2007

Home again, home again...

...without any hurling! Woo hoo! I hit upon the magic cocktail of Xanax and Dramamine, and life was very, very good. I actually enjoyed parts of the flight, believe it or not. Although airplane seats are generally very uncomfortable. But, flight itself. Good.

And Oregon - Portland, specifically - is so nice. Very clean, and environmentally friendly. Made me feel guilty for all the times I don't recycle. However, very large, scary population of homeless, teenage, heroin addicts. We ran into many in our travels, and it just left me feeling sad. But then I just drank some more wine, and I was fine! :) I could not have asked for a better group to be traveling with. So much fun, so much alcohol, so many laughs, and the conference itself was actually really good.

I finished two Christmas presents while there, started a third, and found an incredible yarn shop called Knit-Purl where I bought a beautiful nubby wool to make a scarf for me. If I ever finish all my gifts, that is. One of these days I will photograph all the nameless projects to show them off. And hopefully I would be able to figure out how to add them to the blog. Hmmm... technology is not always my friend.

Back to work tomorrow. I was getting ready to complain, but then I realized I only have 7 more work days until I'm off for winter break. Don't hate me because I chose a rockin job... And actually on one of those days, I don't have to teach. I just meet with colleagues all day. Six actual days of work, and then two full weeks off. I'm just saying, is all.

No comments: