Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Well, well, well...

how we take small things for granted. Say, for instance, ELECTRICITY!!!

The remnants of Hurrican Ike roared through central Ohio on Sunday afternoon, and we have been without power since. I have never felt wind like that before. So many beautiful, huge old trees in my neighborhood were destroyed. It really stinks. I am counting my blessings, however, that I am not in Texas. No idea when the electricity is coming back on. Someone said Saturday. Fan-tas-tic... We have an electric hot water heater. We've been in a hotel since last night. So, I'll be here sporadically, and can't do much checking of others' blogs, because I'm doing this from work. (Which, by the way, I have not had to attend for the past two days! We'll see what tomorrow has in store.)

The little one's school has also been powerless for the past two days. I now really, REALLY know why I am not a stay-at-home mom. For those of you who are, bless your hearts. You are stronger women than I...

Until I meet with modern conveniences again, toodles! Happy knitting, y'all! (Speaking of which, my sticks have been flying! It's amazing how productive I can be when I'm not distracted by this internet business!)

5 comments:

Ariel said...

Hope you get your electricity back soon. I'm with you on the stay-at-home-mom thing. I want to be a SAHM now that one is 12 and one is almost 20. I guess that doesn't count though. LOL

Happy Knitting!!!

Ally Jay said...

Hope you don't get driven too insane . I would have loved to be the type to be a SAHM but alas a week is about my limit and that's when we have things like money and electricity. Wishing you lots of patience.

Gina said...

ACK! Hope that all returns to normal soon, even if that means a regular work schedule :-P!

G

Felicia said...

Glad to hear all is well with you and your family. Take care..

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Our power was out 13 hours a couple months ago had to throw out everything in frig/freezer.Hugs Darcy