Monday, July 14, 2008

Yep, still here....











So the best laid plans and all... here are the pics of the fabulous stuff Gina sent to me!


First up - the gorgeous knitting!!! An awesome ballband dishcloth, a really pretty cloth knit in a sagey green, and an awesome bath mitt, which my daughter is trying to steal! I have to hide it.

(Okay, just an editorial comment - once again, the pictures are NOT going where I want them to go!!!) The pic on the right is all the yummy yarn goodness - awesome Sugar and Cream, some soft, beautiful Lion organic cotton, which I have never knit with before and am really excited about, and last, but certainly not least, some gorgeous hand-dyed wool. How lucky am I!

I HATE PUTTING PICTURES IN BLOGGER!!!!!

The ones that went smack dab in the middle are the extras Gina sent - a 2009 planner, a pencil case, some really, really cute stitch markers that I couldn't get a nice picture of because my camera kept making it blurry and it would have gone in a weird place that I didn't want it to in the post anyway, and some heavenly body wash. I think it's the best thing I've ever smelled, in fact. It's from Gudonya TOO (http://gudonyatoo.etsy.com/) and the smell is Tahitian Vanilla. Wow. All I can say is that Gina totally rocks.

In other knitting news, I am STILL knitting the corner-to-corner baby blanket that WILL. NOT. EVER. END. I keep thinking I should be finished, and then, shocker!, I'm not. I would show you a picture, but with how things are going for me tonight, the picture would probably end up in a post on someone else's blog from last Thursday. Or at the very least, in the middle of the stuff that I like from Gina. And I decidedly do not like this blanket. Poor Ayden - hopefully, it won't be all full of bad vibes from me hating knitting it. I also started a market bag, but I don't like how it looks, so that one will be frogged and I'm going to either try another pattern or make one of my own from mushing together all the ones I like. And, I think I finally found the wrap I'm going to make using the yummy yarn I bought at KC. It's the Cambria wrap on Ravelry. Thank goodness for Ravelry.

Anyway, that's it for now. I promise I'll update a little more regularly. I know you were all dying to know about my whirlwind exciting life!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Yeah putting pictures in blogger pretty much punches me in my soul, too. But you did a great job punching back!

SO glad that you like everything!

G